I’ve been getting a lot information about the 2nd annual UNCG LIS’ iDEAL summit and I thought I had posted about it already.
The Department of Library and Information Studies (LIS) invited you to participate in the second iDEAL Summit at the Elliott University Center. This year’s theme is “LGBTQI out on the open shelves: Serving Hidden Communities”, with the main panel, also as the Fall 2010 lecture of the UNCG Libraries and LIS Lecture Series, taking place November 15th from 1:30 to 2:45 pm. The panelists are:
- Mario Ascencio – Director, Corcoran Library in Washington, DC and recent past president of REFORMA.
- Jim Carmichael – Professor of Library and Information Studies, UNCG, much of his research has focused on the history of LGBT issues within librarianship.
- Trae Middlebrooks – MLIS Student and Academic and Cultural Enrichment Scholar
- Polly Thistlewaite – Head of Public Services, City University of New York Graduate Center Library and long-time volunteer at and chronicler of the Lesbian Herstory Archives.
- Moderator: Nathan Belyeu, Master of Education Student and Coordinator for LGBTQI Health, The Wellness Center of Student Health Services.
Learn about the past iDeal Summit here.